Lobongo Lotika is one of the popular sweetmeats for Bengali people. In Bangladesh, it has huge popularity. In this recipe, I am going to help you to make this sweet easily. Here is the lobongo latika recipe for you.
Lobongo Lotika Recipe
It is generally made during any festival or special occasion. But you can also try it on a random day.
- 1/2 kg all-purpose flour
- Ghee or refined oil – for deep frying
- Baking soda- ½ teaspoon
- Ghee, as required for deep frying
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 10 Cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios, for garnishing
For the filling you will need the following items
- 200 grams khoya or Mawa
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped Pistachios
For syrup you will need
- 1/2 kg Sugar
- 1/2 liter Water
- 3 Cardamom /Elaich Pods pr Seeds
- 3 Cloves
- Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- Saffron strands, a small amount.
How to prepare Lobongo Lotika
- Mix all-purpose flour with baking soda, 2 tablespoons of ghee and enough water to make a dough. Divide it into small round balls.
- Heat the syrup with all the ingredients and boil until it reaches a consistency of 2 lines.
- Once you prepare the filling, grill the mawa and then combine it with all the ingredients to make the filling.
- Mix it well and put it aside.
- Roll the balls to make the square shape.
- Place some of the fillings in the center and then fold on all sides. Place the clove in the middle.
- In the meantime, heat oil or ghee in a deep frying pan.
- Release the raw latikas one by one in the pan, fry them thoroughly before they change the color to a golden brown.
- When finished, store the Labongo Latikas in the sugar syrup for Fifteen minutes. Then place the Labongo lotikas on a serving plate and garnish with chopped pistachios after taking them out from suger syrup .
You can serve this lobongo lotika as a dessert or as snacks.